HMI Annual Conference 2021
14 April (09:30 – 13:00)
Resilience and Renewal:
Supporting our front line to deliver better health services
Resilience and Renewal is the theme of the HMI’s tenth annual conference. The year 2020 was seismic in its impact across all sectors of society and our health services have borne the brunt of the resultant shock. It has been a year of loss, disruption and change, with old certainties demolished, and more questions than answers.
Our health service has proved itself to be expert, responsive and committed. Our healthcare staff have demonstrated themselves to be professional, adaptive and compassionate. While the major part of the healthcare effort was directed to mitigating against Covid 19, and keeping as many of our citizens as safe as possible from Covid 19 and its effects, other arms of the health system also had to function and respond to profound change.
We have learned what works and what needs to change. Many silos have been removed and new ways of working have been implemented at a fast rate. Colleagues across sectors have collaborated and decisions were taken quickly, both at a local level and a wider systems level. Services did respond with dual pathways created. Community based services have been strengthened bringing care closer to patient’s and client’s homes. Technology and new ways of communicating have been embraced and implemented.
There has been a price. For many on the front line, there has been relentless effort and emotional strain. Many are physically and psychologically exhausted. Managers need to support our front line staff in their recovery. We need to learn the lessons that this crisis has taught us. We must learn from our responses and from how we succeeded through our new ways of working.
Our annual conference will address the great questions which have been asked in the last year. As usual, the conference will be designed to give delegates some time and space to engage in debate and discussion with a distinguished panel of speakers and with each other. This year it will be done virtually but be no less real as a result.
Thanks to our conference sponsor and patrons.
Upcoming Training & Events
- HMI Dublin Region Webinar:'Stimul.ai: a SaaS platform designed to support hospitals make better capacity planning designs to help reduce hospital waiting list times.’
- Workplace Mental Health and Mental Wellbeing, 30 November 2021
- Management Essentials (fully online), Dublin, 01 February 2022
- Role of The Manager, 7 February 2022
- Managing People, online course, 9 February 2022
Calendar of Events
- Black Friday eLearning Course Special!November 26, 2021 - 10:41 am
- EAHM Innovation Awards 2021September 23, 2021 - 1:22 pm
- HMI Dublin Mid Leinster Regional Meeting 26 July 2021July 30, 2021 - 8:47 am
- Flow For IrelandApril 12, 2021 - 11:24 am
- How a Robust Quality and Safety Management System Supports our COVID-19 ResponseApril 12, 2021 - 10:27 am