Once again, the HMI is delighted to endorse the upcoming 9th National Health Summit. This will take place in Croke Park on 13th February. A special rate for HMI members who wish to attend this summit applies until the 30th of January.
THE 9th NATIONAL HEALTH SUMMIT
The 9th National Health Summit, will be held in Croke Park on 13th February 2013. As HMI is endorsing the event, we have negotiated a special attendance rate for members, where your can save up to €125 – see below for details.
The Irish health service is at a crossroads: With relentless cuts and accumulating deficits, many are asking, will Ireland’s health service ever be “fit for purpose’? If it is to secure higher quality care and shorter waiting times with shrinking resources, it must dramatically raise productivity and embrace new thinking in health service delivery. Join us on the 13th of February to examine, discuss and debate this major challenge at the 9th National Health Summit.
- The need for transformational change
- New models of care
- Turning health sector finances around
International keynote speakers include
- Helen Bevan, Chief of Service Transformation, NHS Institute for Innovation & Improvement
- Alberto de Rosa Torner, CEO, Ribera Salud Grupo
- Dr Mahmood Adil, National Clinical & Finance Engagement Advisor, Department of Health UK, & Visiting Professor of Value-based Healthcare, Manchester Business School
Other speakers include
- Dr James Reilly, TD, Minister for Health
- Tony O’Brien, Acting CEO, Health Services Executive
- Dr Ambrose McLoughlin, Secretary General of the Department of Health and Chairman of the Board of the Health Service Executive
- Eilish Hardiman. CEO, Tallaght Hospital, Dublin
- John Crown, Senator, Professor and Consultant Medical Oncologist, St. Vincent’s University Hospital
Special offer for HMI members
The attendance fee for this summit is €375 + VAT. However, there are significant savings for HMI members. Register and pay before the 30th of January 2013 and you pay just €250 + VAT (a saving of €125 on the standard attendance fee). HMI members can avail of the special offer using the code HS2013.
The organisers anticipate both a full attendance and a stimulating and robust day of discussion and debate, so please book early to guarantee your place.