Inaugural Annual Conference
Leading Change in Challenging Times: The Role of the Health Manager
Monday 3rd October 2011
The Health Management Institute of Ireland (HMI) is pleased to advise you that Dr. James Reilly T.D. Minister for Health will give the opening address at its Inaugural Annual Conference in Farmleigh House on 3rd October 2011.
Join us to:
- Engage with leading policy makers and practitioners from Ireland and Europe
- Participate in open floor debate on key issues affecting the future direction of the Irish health services
- Network with colleagues and peers from across all sectors
Our morning session debates ‘New Policies…New Practices‘. What policy imperatives will shape strategic decision making? What can we learn from developments in funding and service delivery across Europe? How will the choices made impact on different sectors of the health services in this country?
The afternoon session examines ‘The Challenge for Managers’ in bringing about the changes which are required. What leadership competencies are required? What breakthrough strategies will deliver results? How can effective governance be achieved in different services?
The outstanding panel of speakers includes:
- Cathal Magee, Chief Executive Officer, HSE
- Dr. Martin Connor, Head of the Special Delivery Unit, HSE
- Breda Crehan-Roche, Chief Executive Officer, Ability West
- Aidan Horan, Director, Consultancy, Training & Development Directorate, IPA
- Dr. Stephen Kinsella, Lecturer, Department of Health Economics, University of Limerick
International speakers are:
- David Fillingham, Chief Executive, AQuA (Advancing Quality Alliance), UK
- Sue Hodgetts, Chief Executive, Institute of Healthcare Management
- Heinz Kolking, President, European Association of Hospital Managers
Spaces will be limited. To book your place or find our more about our conference, please visit www.hmi.ie/conference or contact Rosemarie at 01-2974070 or email@example.com. The conference fee is members: €100 and non-members: €150.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The HMI Team